As a supplier of engineered products for the steelmaking industry, we offer wide varities refractory products and consumables :
- BOF (Basic Oxygen Furnace) Refractories
- EAF (Electric Arc Furnace) Refractories
- Ladle Refractories
- Argon-Oxygen Decarburisation (AOD)
- Soaking Pit Refractories
- Tundish Refractories
- Copper Moulds
- Bottom Pour Refractories
- RH Degasser Refractories
- Flow Control Refractories
- Cored Wire
- Stainless Steel Flex hoses
Basic Oxygen Furnace Refractories
The Basic Oxygen Furnace (BOF), is a tilt-able vessel lined with refractories such as magnesia carbon brick. The main function of the BOF is to decarburize the hot metal using pure oxygen gas.
McKeown BOF Refractories:
- MZ series quality Magnesia Carbon Bricks for different zones
- B92/B95 burnt Magnesite Brick for safety lining
- Pre-assembled Mag Carbon Bottom
- Slag Dart
McKeown’s EAF Refractories
- MA, MC and ME series qualities Magnesia Carbon for different zones
- M-DG90 Repair Gunning Mix
- M-DBR 75 Bottom Ramming Mix
- B92, B95 for Safety Linining
Argon-Oxygen Decarburisation (AOD) Refractories
More than 30 years ago, most AOD Linings were constructed with Magnesia Chrome refractories. Over time the AOD linings were switched to Fired Dolomite and Fired Magnesia Enriched Dolomite. Today, virtually all AOD Linings are now constructed with these refractories.
The switch to Fired Dolomite and Fired Magnesia Enriched Dolomite has reduced refractory cost and improved Stainless Steel quality. After AOD operators switched from Magnesia Chrome refractories to Dolomite refractories, AOD Lining designs have evolved over the years, as well. Now, many lining design use three grades of dolomite; resin bonded, fired dolomite and fired magnesia enriched dolomite. Linings are also zoned by thickness.
McKeown offers turnkey services for AOD vessel with quality refractory products, and on site technical servies to optimize the AOD OPERATION.
McKeown’s AOD Refractories
- Ultradol series qualities of fired Mag Dolomite bricks for the different AOD lining zones
- Ultradol series quality of resin bonded dolomite bricks for certain specific AOD lining zones
- Ultradol series quality of bottom ramming mix and backfill
- ML-601 quality of Mag Chrome for AOD safety lining
- B95 quality of fired magnesite quality for AOD safety lining
- A,B,C,D E types metal tuyere pipes
McKeown International offers wide variety refractory products for the entire ladle.
A well balanced ladle lining can be designed with these products to accommodate the different operating and slag practices for an optimal ladle performance.
McKeown’s Ladle Refractories:
- MA, MC series Magnesia Carbon for slagline
- MC,ME seriese Magnesia Carbon brick for barrel
- AMC-60S, AMC-80B Al2O3-MgO-C brick for Barrel and impact area
- AMC-75S, Al2O3-MgO-C brick for bottom impact pad
- Ultradol 05 resin bonded dolomite brick for slagline*
- Ultradol 10, Ultradol 13 for barrel, bottom/bottom impact*
- Porous Plug with Well Block
- Ladle Shroud
RH Vacuum Degassing uses a circulation process for hydrogen removal from the liquid steel. It is also increasingly being used for secondary refining and has become important process of secondary steel making.
McKeown’s RH Degasser Refractories:
- ML series quality Mag Chrome Bricks with different Cr2O3 percentage for snorkels, upper and lower RH Degasser vessel
- Pre-assembled snorkel ready to be in service
Soaking Pit Refractory and Others
McKeown’s Bottom Pour Refractories
Mckeown bottom pour refractory materials are made with various types raw material with superior quality and the process under stringent quality control.
McKeown bottom pour refractory include, but not limited to: Fireclay, High Alumina, Mullite and other customized material to tailor the specific operation. Our products offer:
- Excellent acid and flux resistance
- Excellent thermal shock resistance
- Excellent mechanical resistance
- Extended refractory service life
- Reduced operation and maintenance costs
- Precise dimensions with stringent dimensional tolerances for all shapes
- Clean castings with minimal refractory inclusions